Thursday 25 June 2015

The finished product

Hot off the presses, I got to hold my first copies of The Samaritan yesterday - as with Killing Season, it's initially published in trade paperback (on the right hand side in the first pic, top in the second) and a more limited and even better-looking hardback edition (left hand side in pic 1, bottom in pic 2).



It's always nice to have a finished product at the end of the long process that starts with scribbled notes and evolves through typing the first draft, making structural and line edits, incorporating changes after expert feedback, bug-fixing and page proofs. It helps when the product looks as good as this (particularly the beautiful hardback).

I suppose this marks the moment where I officially cease to be a debut novelist, which I'm a little sad about, but it also means I'm a novelist with multiple books to his name, which of course is a good thing. Anyway, I don't think I'll ever get used to the amazing experience of opening a proper printed book and seeing a bunch of words I made up filling it from cover to cover. It's a pretty awesome feeling.



The ebook edition has been on sale for a while, but if you want a physical copy, these babies are available in the UK from all good bookshops on 16th July. And if you want one slightly earlier than that, come along to the book launch at Waterstones Glasgow (Argyle Street) at 7pm on 15 July!

No comments:

Post a Comment